Humantay Lagoon & Sky Camp 2 Days – 1 Night
Note: All distances, times and altitudes given in the following itinerary are approximate.
CUSCO | CHALLACANCHA-SORAYPAMPA-SKY CAMP-LAGUNA HUMANTAY
The day begins with the pick up of the passenger from his hotel at 04:00 a.m. approximately. We will drive for 3 hours, passing through Anta and Mollepata, until we arrive at Challacancha, which will be the starting point of the trek. Around 09:30 a.m. we will start hiking to Soraypampa (3869 m.a.s.l. / 12,690 FASL) for 3 hours. Lunch will be served there. Then we will hike for 3 hours (5 km / 3.1 miles) to the Humantay Lagoon (4,221 m.a.s.l. / 13,845 FASL) and after visiting it, we will return to the Sky camp of Soraypampa to enjoy the night.
- Distance: 12 km / 7.45 miles
- Hiking time: 6 hours approximately
- Starting altitude: 3,360 m.a.s.l. / 11,021 FASL
- Maximum altitude: 4,221 m.a.s.l. / 13,845 FASL
- Type of accommodation: Sky camp (transparent igloos)
- Lodging altitude: 3,869 m.a.s.l. / 12,690 FASL
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Meals: Lunch and dinner. Also, snacks and tea time in the afternoon.
SORAYPAMPA | SKY CAMP-ABRA SALKANTAY-SORAYPAMPA-CUSCO
This day we will wake up at 5:30 am. We will enjoy an energetic breakfast to begin our hike up the trail known as «The path of the 7 snakes» to the highest point of this route: the Salkantay pass (4,638 m.a.s.l. / 15,213 FASL). Continuing with this exciting adventure, we will follow a downhill trail that will take us to Soroycocha where we will have lunch. Once satisfied, we will continue descending to our Sky Camp in Soraypampa where our transportation will be waiting to take us to Cusco. We will arrive in the city at approximately 6:00 pm.
- Distance: 15 km / 9.32 miles
- Hiking time: 8 hours
- Starting altitude: 3,869 m.a.s.l. / 12,690 FASL
- Maximum altitude: 4,638 m.a.s.l. / 15,213 FASL
- Difficulty level: Moderate to Challenging
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch. Plus snacks.
¿WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Pre-departure briefing: The briefing will be held one night before the trip after coordination with your passengers. This meeting can be held at your hotels or offices at 5:00 p.m.; or at our offices at 6:00 p.m. (Calle Triunfo 392, office 212, second floor, Arte Inca handicraft center).
- Transportation: Cusco-Challacancha, Soraypampa-Cusco.
- Qualified guides: Our guides are fluent in English and Spanish, professionally educated and officially certified (1 guide for groups of 2 to 10 people and 1 guide + 1 assistant for groups of 12 people. Maximum 12 people per group).
- Sky camp: 01 night.
- Meals: 01 breakfast, 02 lunches and 01 dinner. In addition to snacks. Special, vegetarian or vegan menus are available at no additional cost.
- Medical kit: We will have a first aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon.
- Sleeping bags.
¿THAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Entrance ticket to the Salkantay trail (PEN 10.00 per person).
- Walking sticks.
- Breakfast on day 1.
- Personal clothing and equipment.
- Travel insurance.