Rainbow Mountain – 1 Day
Note: All distances, times and altitudes given in the following itinerary are approximate.
TREK MONTAÑA ARCO IRIS
We will pick up passengers between 03:30 a.m. and 04:00 a.m. to head south of the city of Cusco. The initial journey will take approximately 1 hour and a half until our first stop 20 minutes from the district of Cusipata (3,310 m.a.s.l.). There we will find the restaurant where we will enjoy breakfast. Afterwards, we will continue with the trip for 1 hour until Fulawasipata (4,660 m.a.s.l.), where we will begin our hike. We will continue with an ascent of approximately 2 hours to the rainbow mountain or Vinincunca (5,200 m.a.s.l.). During our journey we will be able to observe various species of South American camelids such as llamas, alpacas and vicuñas. When we arrive to the «red hill» we will have enough time to rest and enjoy the impressive Vinincunca mountain that will show us its impressive colors: red, pink, turquoise, yellow. At this point, it will be time to start our way back. We will descend for 1 hour to flat terrain and arrive at the place where our hike began: Fulawasipata. There our transportation will be waiting for us to take us to a restaurant where we will enjoy lunch. Finally we will return to the city of Cusco making our arrival between 4:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. approximately.
- Distance: 7 km / 4.35 miles
- Hiking time: 4 hours approximately
- Starting altitude: 4,660 m.a.s.l. / 15,288 FASL
- Maximum altitude: 5,200 m.a.s.l. / 17,060 FASL
- Difficulty level: Moderate to challenging
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch
¿WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Pre-departure briefing: The briefing will be held one night before the trip after coordination with your passengers. This meeting can be held at your hotels or offices at 5:00 p.m.; or at our offices at 6:00 p.m. (Calle Triunfo 392, office 212, second floor, Arte Inca handicraft center).
- Transportation: Cusco-Fulawasipata-Cusco.
- Qualified guides: Our guides are fluent in English and Spanish, professionally educated and officially certified (1 guide for groups of 2 to 10 people and 1 guide + 1 assistant for groups of 12 people. Maximum 12 people per group).
- Medical kit: We will have a first aid kit.
- Oxygen balloon.
- Entrance ticket to Vinincunca Mountain.
- Meals: 01 breakfast and 01 lunch. In addition to snacks.
¿THAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Walking sticks
- Travel insurance